Customer Suggestions & Ideas for Ecwid

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

Basic rules:
- One suggestion per idea.
- Please post ideas and comments in English.
- Please do not post “+1”, “I need it too!”, “a must have!” comments. Just vote for an idea instead.
- If an idea doesn’t have an exact ETA provided by our team, the “Any ETA?” questions will not give any answer either.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Discount for like or post in social networks

you definitly should make function "discount for like or post" in facebook, vk.com, twitter, google+ and maybe some other. You have already integration with social networks, so it should be easy to implement in ecwid shopping cart. This is a great marketing tool, and for many clients it will add a value for you subscribtion plans.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Sales and promotions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Automatic followup email for abandoned shopping carts

Multiple research papers state approximately 60% of all carts are abandoned before checkout is complete.

A large number of transactions are 'wined back' if a followup email is sent within 6 hours of abandonment. The next most critical period in winning back is between 6 - 24 hours after abandonment.

It is far too time consuming to manually filter through abandoned carts and then manually followup with each customer.

Ecwid NEEDS a function so that our e-stores can respond to cart abandonment automatically.

Such a feature will be even more powerful once Ecwid gives us the ability to use HTML…

26 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Checkout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • have a feature to notify a customer if they have already bought that item previously

I sell embroidery files that are available via instant download. The customer will never need to buy it twice. Many customers have hundreds or thousands of design files and occasionally buy something twice from a designer. It would be great if the customer would get a popup if they put something in their cart that they have already bought. I require everyone to set up an account to check out so they would have an account with their purchase information. I know other sites offer this feature and it would be helpful if you guys would also.

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Checkout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • input phone number in international format (ввод номера телефона в международном формате)

input phone number in international format
          (ввод номера телефона в международном формате)

for SMS notification
          для SMS оповещения

28 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Checkout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make coupon code to link to a product as a free gift for promotion

I would like to add a coupon "code" that would link to a single product as a free gift with any purchase. with limits one per order.

i.e type "HOHOHO" to get a free pair of santa earrings. Santa earring are also a product you can buy.

8 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Sales and promotions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Make coupon codes capable of taking $ or % off per item, rather than the total

Allow coupons discounts per item rather than off the total. If my customer buys two of the same item, each is discounted with the coupon code. Those items not included in the coupon would not be discounted. The coupon would apply to certain items only. We operate a theater and have special discounts per ticket. However, we do not apply discounts to other merchandise. Therefore, we need the coupon code to take a dollar amount off each ticket only. This is not available to all customers, so the coupon code is necessary.

23 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • E-good alternative email shipping address.

This is to allow a customer to send a download with a message such as Happy Birthday to a friends email rather than to the customers own email address.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  E-goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • New pay form in Spain SUMUP, just 1,5% , just pick phone number and send a SMS, and visa is accepted, semi manual

Just a pay form, that pick the number of mobile of the client, the shop only have to send from its mobile the charge, and client accept the products price.

More details SUMUP.es

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Payment gateways and methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow Redsys is a payment gateway to Spain in Ecwid

Spanish people are getting the payment gateway with Redsys (works with most banks, BBVA, La Caixa ...) The problem is that Ecwid does not install this program on your gateway. All this makes us to offer our customers a more comfortable payment. Please put solution!

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Payment gateways and methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • The ability to create new customers, new orders and send customers invoices

We need the ability to create new customers, edit customer info, create new/edit orders and send customers invoices so they can pay them on your site. The lack of all these functions is a real loss for Ecwid!

73 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          5 comments  ·  Orders and invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Updates ask for feedback on the mobile app but there's no place to enter it

Add affiliate information on the order. Also being able to see a report that shows how many taxes were collected would be extremely helpful.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  iPhone app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • implemenation of the german payment gateway "sofortueberweisung"

hello at ecwid,

here in germany, unfortunately, all the payment gateways you offer, except for the paypal methods) do not work.
                            one of the most common and easy ways to pay online is "sofortueberweisung".

it would be a mayor improvement for all users of ecwid in central europe, especially in germany, if there would be a way to implement
                            "sofortüberweisung".
                            https://www.sofort.com/ger-DE/verkaeufer/su/gebuehren-sofort-ueberweisung/

i read about a way to sponsor the implemantation of a gateway.
                            what would this mean in numbers? :-)

kindest regards from berlin, germnay
                            oliver klein

20 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Payment gateways and methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Provide API method to apply discount off total amount so that custom logic can be used to decide when to dynamically apply it

This could be used to implement long-desired functions like 'Buy 2 products, and get 1 free' or 'Buy 1 product and get half off another'.

This feature would let me have flexibility to define my own criteria for when to apply discount and not be confined to limited options that are in existence today (bulk discount pricing or cart total).

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • e-mail after purchase

E-mail after purchaseg a great tool for selling their own products. Especially already have integration with Yotpo and it would be great to connect and this feature too.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Have Automatic Product Updates for Digital Goods

When updating a product or uploading a revised digital file, it is necessary to send the updated product file to all previous buyers. A new, unique download link for every buyer should be emailed to that customer. An example of using this is that we sell research papers online and may notice an error in the original report so a revision/correction must be sent out to those purchases. Or maybe only "Part One" of a paper is only available with a soon to be released "Part 2". When Part 2 is available we would want to send a link to…

9 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  E-goods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • salam iski iski sdgdtg vaj

[url="http://www.newscastic.com/news/real-madrid-vs-bayern-munich-l-i-v-e-s-t-r-e-a-m-2014-u-c-l-se-m-i-fi-n-a-l-s-w-a-t-c-h-f-r-e-e-h-d-1702221/"] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://www.newscastic.com/news/bayern-munich-vs-real-madrid-l-i-v-e-s-t-r-e-a-m-2014-u-c-l-s-e-m-i-fi-n-a-l-s-o-n-l-i-n-e-f-r-e-e-1702168/"] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://immunology.wayne.edu/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241199"] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://immunology.wayne.edu/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241120"] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4NyTNd1gg"] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGaqK6EUiw"] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySsKT4UuvQ"] UEFA 2014 Semifinal Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://vk.com/realbayern2014"] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://vk.com/bayermadr2014"] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://support.inlinkz.com/forums/163687-general/suggestions/5820289-watch-real-madrid-vs-bayern-munich-live-stream-on"] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Stream[/url]

[url="http://support.inlinkz.com/forums/163687-general/suggestions/5820332-bayern-munich-vs-real-madrid-live-streaming-online"] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Live Streaming[/url]

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Product Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate box calculation

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate is the most popular ship option for consumers. Unless you only ship one item at a time (not likely for many of us) there is no way to make it work in Ecwid.

In order to accurately charge for USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate:
                                      1. Products must have dimensions, not just weight
                                      2. Ecwid needs to calculate which of the 3 USPS supplied box sizes THE WHOLE ORDER will fit in by size and volume to determine the correct shipping charges. Weight does not matter as it's nearly impossible to exceed the 70 lb. weight…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add Website and/or Facebook Information to Ask your friends for advice - "Log in to use your Facebook account with Ecwid."

Currently the Facebook login only identifies Ecwid and no further details are included which may cause customer hesitation. Customers need to feel confident knowing the Website and/or Facebook information which is being shared is what is actually being shared and the login request should easily identify this.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Integration with OSS OpenERP

Integration with ERP and CRM, eg. with OSS OpenERP.
                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenERP

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base