I suggest you ...

add Bitcoin as a payment method

Bitcoin is a fiat cryptocurrency that is quickly gaining wider acceptance. I would like to see it enabled as an automated payment option.

968 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GadsdenGraphicsGadsdenGraphics shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    I VestsI Vests shared a merged idea: Add BitCoin to your Ecwid Core as a Payment Gateway  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add bitcoin as core payment Method. Also add Bitay and Coinbase processors as payment methods.  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Embedded Bitcoin Invoice  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ad Bitcoin payment solution  ·   · 
    WekkelWekkel shared a merged idea: make the payment method ready for Bitcoin, the ultimate online currency of the future  ·   · 

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • studiozandrastudiozandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Ecwid Admin team -- please add Bitcoin to the list of payment methods (not a 3rd-party plugin on github with no instructions) ***edit - I mean there are no instructions a layperson can follow. What is "config.php"? How does one access it?? You can't say "Bitpay is now integrated with Ecwid" if Ecwid users can't figure it out***

• oliviaolivia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bitcoin is a fiat cryptocurrency that is quickly gaining wider acceptance. I would like to see it enabled as an automated payment option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this asap. I know ALOT of other businesses that would benefit from this feature.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bitpay's solution is no good if you also want to accept credit cards through authorize.net as you cannot create a second instance of the payment method. In other words, if you already use Authorize.net SIM to accept credit cards, you cannot use the BitPay solution. Another user also brought this up before I did on the forum here: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22114 I'd like to start accepting bitcoin on my website with Ecwid, but I'm unable to do so as long as this issue exists. Eugene, please advise on this?

• TLTL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will Ecwid has your own bitcoin plugin? Isn't Bitpay a third party company, they charge 0.99% for processing fee. I thought Bitcoin's purpose is to eliminate third party. Thanks!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jippy I got it working.

You'll have to upload your bitpay folder to your website and just fill out some stuff on the ecwid/system settings/payment and the config.php file that's in your bitpay folder. Bummer that customers still have to fill out a form when they want to pay for you digital product. But love you Ecwid for finally adding bitcoins. MAYOR THANKS TO BITPAY FOR THEIR FORWARD THINKING AND HARD WORK FOR BITCOINS.

• Tim PintschTim Pintsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrated is a bit of a reach, but this is close. How long before it is integrated to the main ecwid system so we don't have to backend through Authorizenet SIM, I would think it would be relatively easy to backend this into ecwid and change up the images for it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base