I suggest you ...

Renewable subscription / recurring billing or fees

Ability to subscribe and renew periodically monthly or annually with email reminders, or auto subscribe with initial approval for auto subscribe.

1,539 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PaulRPaulR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: introducing the recurring billing, so instead to sell a good we could rent it for a while, like some space for ads in private website  ·   · 
    Jesse NelsonJesse Nelson shared a merged idea: add a store item function for recurring payments for a subscription service.  ·   · 
    CoreyCorey shared a merged idea: A solution for recurrent payments. Anual, monthly, weekly or even daily payments.  ·   · 
    John FlynnJohn Flynn shared a merged idea: add the ability to have reoccuring billing  ·   · 
    Peter PasierbPeter Pasierb shared a merged idea: Provide a means of selling subscrition based products for membership based organisations  ·   · 
    David MontcalmDavid Montcalm shared a merged idea: Recurring billing or fees  ·   · 

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely crucial to the success of our business, and ultimately - if Ecwid doesn't provide this ability soon - will drive us to another provider.

• Chris ThompsonChris Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too use Ecwid for another site and I was thinking of using it for a new membership only site but can't do that if the member has to manually pay every month. Need a way like PayPal did 8 years ago to charge a credit card every month. I'm looking at potentially thousands of users, so I can't manually be charging each card myself nor will the site grow to the size it could if I require them to do it. Please address ASAP...And byt the looks of it I'm not alone.

• kriskris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously!! May 10, 2011 is last admin comment on the most popular suggestion. 1500+ votes locked to this subject for almost 5 years now. Could you please give us some insight to when/if this ever will be "planned"

I am going to be leaving Ecwid soon if this feature is not added. Pretty sad that it is not standard.

• Jesse NelsonJesse Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. The question was proposed nearly 4 years ago and still there's no effing progress. There's a diatribe from Ecwid talking about how hard it is, but I read that nearly a year ago. Get it together and provide this standard service. Sheesh...

• alexalex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a must! Idon't think i will use ecwid actually until i see this feature!!! I need simple recurring billing

Hey Justin, I tried leaving a comment on your blog but it wouldn't let me. Will that fix only work with 2checkout or can it work with any other payment gateway as well?

I am not a programmer. I am a nonprofit operations director. Our ecwid site offers recurring payments but we only receive the 1st month at sign up. Important customers are 'signed up' for this service but we are not receiving the monies. I cannot spend another working day trying to figure out how to set up software : I need a live, ecwid person to contact me and assist with this product we have purchased from you. Our monthly payments to you are going through easily enough. Please assist me; Justin's article below reads like a foreign language to me, sorry.

please get this going asap!
        we're missing out on a ton of sales without having this applied.
        ...it's almost a necessity to have, as there are so many services that are monthy fee related.
        thanks

I have just done this with another wordpress cart system and they too have been waiting a year withis this subject being top of the list. I have just wasted a complete morning looking through the Ecwid system hoping that recurring payments would be possible. I am now going to look elsewhere which is a pity

• AmeyAmey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At this point I'd be happy with one-time donations, at least. Recurring would be a great thing for us, but being able to have a donation product that the customer sets the amount in will help our church out tremendously.

Donations could be easily implemented for nonprofits by having a form that allows users to specify an amount (and offer suggested amounts to select), and then specifying a frequency (weekly, monthly, yearly, custom).

For regular businesses, those same options would be available for the merchant to build the product specs. Then, the customers would just select the product (which would already have the description of the recurring terms preselected). Seems like an easy to add feature. Surprised it's not already available.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base