I suggest you ...

Add / remove one or more fields (to customize) on orders / customize checkout fields

so it could be possible to ask for specifics questions i.e. "is it a present ? Y/N" or "time of delivery morning or afternoon" or anything we can need depending of the specific business we do

1,512 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dalipasdalipas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: In a lot of countries we do not use "state". I would be nice to be able to customize the information needed from the custemer!  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Гибкие настройки для адреса пользователя  ·   · 
    Эгоштамп - прием заказовЭгоштамп - прием заказов shared a merged idea: Самовывоз  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: add a "how did you hear about us" field  ·   · 
    Craig FInchCraig FInch shared a merged idea: On the payment details page - can you add a 'question' box with options  ·   · 
    ZipTeckZipTeck shared a merged idea: Add/Remove Payment Form  ·   · 
    Leslie HastingsLeslie Hastings shared a merged idea: add delivery date feature to entire order rather than individual items  ·   · 
    started  · 

250 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PandemicPandemic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an Age restriction option for items that require the customer to be a certain age to purchase. Being that I have no real way of verifying a persons age, I would like to add a checkbox option to specific products that require the customer to check the box showing that they agree to the legal terms and age restrictions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely a MUST HAVE in all payment systems in the U.S.A. and has been forever. I can't believe Ecwid made such a huge mistake in system design by not separating First and Last Names. As it stands, the system throws Fullname off to the CC payment processor as "Last Name" field. Makes my company look so stupid and silly.....as all customers have to correct the entire Payment Form with Authorize.Net to separate this name crap. Hope you guys get with the program fast (LOL)!

I see this issue has been raised for over 2 years and it is still not available. What is the problem? this seems like such a simple addition to the checkout system.

I'm just starting to set up my shopping cart for my business and am going to have to choose a different company because this is not a part of ecwid services. I really like how easy ecwid is to use, but it's completely irrelevant if I can't do what I need to do and ask my customers the questions I need them to provide me. It would be incredibly simple to add this to the customer profile, right now the customer profile is so empty it's almost embarrassing that there even is a customer profile when the only thing in the customer profile is their name and e-mail address.

• Preston KincaidPreston Kincaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one seems easy to do. Surprised it's not 9done, but this is a no brainer that everyone would need for sure.

• Ben JacksonBen Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still waiting.. why? Why am i still even here!? what is going on... did ecwid dev team die?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow... almost two years and nothing. This one is one of the most important features, and we still don't have it. I have to search for other solution for some clients because your shop don't allow to add the VAT number.

• SandroSandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so long has passed since this one was put on start, camon guys, we need this as soon as possible. there's alot of clients you guys are missing due this one.

One of the clients i'm working with right now, has this need

The initial request for additional fields in the shipping info area goes back to 2010, three years ago. I only need one or two fields added, but these are CRITICAL information fields that i now have to gather data through phone calls after I receive an order. Of course all non-programmers (like me) say "it can't be that hard to add a field or two"........but is it really? Lets see if we can't get this implemented in 2013 (i'm a psychotic optimist). Dr. Laba

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been over a year since ECWID started work on this feature. Unless the feature has been dropped I cannot think of a rational explanation why custom fields have not been introduced. Realistically, after waiting fourteen months for a feature being developed I can only conclude that the feature is not coming.

• Chris BucanacChris Bucanac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least there could be a statement from Ecwid. Ok I just signed up for the free version, but to customize the order forms is necessary i think. Everybody has different information to ask for...
        As for me the free version is enough for now. If there are so important features missing I won't go for the plan version...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base