I suggest you ...

Pre-Ordering, Back-ordering, Email notice of a product in stock

Pre-Ordering of a product not yet in stock?
Back- ordering an out of stock item?
Queue orders and allow to release to process CC after in stock would be ideal.
Or
Email to customer once in stock? Odds of closing sale go down.
Or force by SKU to manual CC processing thereby not charging the customer until in stock?
I do not have the solution but think that pre-order without charging could be a tremendous marketing and operational tool.

There seems to be 3 or more other threads that embody the same idea. Can we consolidate to a single idea / request?

438 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John TondraJohn Tondra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a mechanism for pre-orders; I would like to sell products that are currently not in stock however should be in stock soon.  ·   · 
    Mike HarveyMike Harvey shared a merged idea: stock options  ·   · 
    yourTrinketBoxyourTrinketBox shared a merged idea: add a function that allows customers to back order out of stock items  ·   · 
    byboy01byboy01 shared a merged idea: On Order button  ·   · 
    webmaster.unicoprodottowebmaster.unicoprodotto shared a merged idea: pre-order button  ·   · 
    Warrior ProductsWarrior Products shared a merged idea: Add ability to enable/disable out of stock ordering (backordering) by product  ·   · 
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: add a pre-order button  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TRACITRACI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pre- ordering is so so needed on ecwid. I make handmade items and I am losing customers as the items are showing as out of stock. Yes I know you can hide the items that are not in stock, but then your shop front looks pants. Will you be implementing the pre-ordering? And if so when? I have people wanting to order Christmas items at the moment and it is so needed. I may have to start looking for another ecommerce. But I do like this one, and got my head around it finally so don't really want to change it at the moment. I am on the virt plan so paying money for this.

• BlaiseBlaise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ninja Widget does not work well, it is expensive and not a good solution. Their customer support is absent, they never answer support requests. IT is time that Ecwid included this option, we would be HAPPY to pay extra for it.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be added, I have not found the Ninja Widget app to work very well, it is not a good solution.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleaaaase add the pre-order with deposit system!! I definitely need it for my business!!

Thank you

• Andrew FitzAndrew Fitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ecwid should consider buying-out Ninja Widget, and including the out of stock/back in stock notifications as part of the cart – as many other cart solutions do. They have recently changed their pricing model (now that NW is out of beta) and 9.95/mo USD for 50 emails, 19.95 USD for unlimited emails. This adds a significant cost for a small but important functionality that, IMHO, should be part of Ecwid's solution.

Yes, I really don't understand why this isn't a standard feature in a pay cart. Some of the freebies have it now.

I sell tshirt and some of them don't get made until someone orders them. So having this preorder/backorder feature is a must. I can't sit on thousands of dollars of inventory that may or may not sell. I can just make them as they are ordered instead. Can't we get this done already?

hi,
        ninja widget is not entirely free, 5 emails/month is peanuts. when is this feature going to be available in ecwid?

• Scott FergusonScott Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any ideas on integrating the Ninjawidget extension with RokEcwid?
        I hope it'll still be worked on as part of the core Ecwid code as this is quite a basic critical function and having to go to a third-party site is a rudimentary workaround at best.

• jon stulbergerjon stulberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this seems to only work with the web portion. is there a way to add it to internal ecwid css? I wan't the same feature for my facebook store version

• Roshan RichardsRoshan Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like it if you put an ON BACKORDER option with a field where I can enter a date for shipping instead of it reading OUT OF STOCK. That way people can still order and pay for a product knowing that it will just be shipping later. We are losing sales otherwise.

• Chris AlbertChris Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. We would like our customers to be able to order an out of stock product. Please add this in the next update

This would be great. I have a lot of special order products and would like to be able to get a CC# but not charge until delivered.

This is the one other feature I'd really want to see added ...
        Ability for customers to sign up for "email me when back in stock".

• DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Приходится иметь 2 раздела на сайте: один "в наличии", другой "под заказ" (с красными надписями, что товара на самом деле в наличии нет). Так люди имеют возможность заказывать то, чего нет в наличии, но идет постоянная путаница. Обязательно нужна возможность заказывать товар, которого нет в наличии, и еще необходима возможность сортировки товаров по наличию, что-то из серии "Показать только товары в наличии". Еще лучше была бы возможность выставления разных статусов: "В наличии", "Поступит в течение недели", "Поступит в течение месяца", "Нет в наличии" и возможность нажать на кнопку "Предзаказ", с возможностью сортировки по этим статусам.

• Uwe EickertUwe Eickert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to handle pre-orders with a manual form, since we cannot run the credit card until we ship. Come on guys, this is becoming more prevalent in today's USA market.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base