I suggest you ...

Pre-Ordering, Back-ordering, Email notice of a product in stock

Pre-Ordering of a product not yet in stock?
Back- ordering an out of stock item?
Queue orders and allow to release to process CC after in stock would be ideal.
Email to customer once in stock? Odds of closing sale go down.
Or force by SKU to manual CC processing thereby not charging the customer until in stock?
I do not have the solution but think that pre-order without charging could be a tremendous marketing and operational tool.

There seems to be 3 or more other threads that embody the same idea. Can we consolidate to a single idea / request?

608 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John TondraJohn Tondra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a mechanism for pre-orders; I would like to sell products that are currently not in stock however should be in stock soon.  ·   · 
    Mike HarveyMike Harvey shared a merged idea: stock options  ·   · 
    yourTrinketBoxyourTrinketBox shared a merged idea: add a function that allows customers to back order out of stock items  ·   · 
    byboy01byboy01 shared a merged idea: On Order button  ·   · 
    webmaster.unicoprodottowebmaster.unicoprodotto shared a merged idea: pre-order button  ·   · 
    Warrior ProductsWarrior Products shared a merged idea: Add ability to enable/disable out of stock ordering (backordering) by product  ·   · 
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: add a pre-order button  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • KarlKarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I badly need a pre-order option for my store. I sell bespoke items and items that can take some time to manufacture. My customers should be able to see that the item is currently out of stock but that it can still be pre-ordered and pre-paid for (with an estimated delivery date) as there is more on the way.

As well as full pre-payment, I'd also like the option to take a deposit on a pre-order item, as sometimes customers are more comfortable paying a small down payment to secure the item rather than the full whack.

This can't be too difficult to implement, please sort it out ECWID!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys, come on lets get that Pre-order option sorted, this will be a great help and increase all our sales and improve customers satisfaction as at current when listing as pre order the shop shows it as in stock and customers get annoyed when we point out that we have explained in the title and offered the delivery date. but they still get brassed off.
        I am sure one of your geeks can enable this facility quickly.
        looking forward to your prompt action to this needed bit of software.
        Thank you

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this badly !!! We are loosing sells here ! This is now part of the selling process...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

549 Votes now

please add backordres and preodering facility on the products.

Such a great system otherwise.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add pre-orders and back orders.

The Ninja widget is a poor solution.

• StaceyStacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ninjawidget DOES NOT WORK! Please get rid of this and just add the option via Ecwid directly.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to integrate (not have to buy a 3rd party app that only half works). Plus you should add more votes to our accounts, those of us who have been Ecwid users for a long time and have voted for things that have never been implemented cannot vote for new things... silencing us. I would vote for this, but am not allowed to.

• Mike FreyMike Frey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would rather be able to take orders on Back Order items and authorize cc on check out and manually capture funds once back ordered items ship. This should be easy to do. I see this option in many other carts all the time.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite annoying big features about an online store like this one are still yet to be added, same with customising the emails and that was requested around 4 years ago. Ecwid is a great store but missing some very important features and taking too long to implement them. I can't see that it's too difficult to add a pre order option as you can already choose whether a product is in stock or not..

• PIJP LINESPIJP LINES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are now building a webshop whit ecxid. And we also like the preorder option.
        Nou you only can make it green whit "available" or red whit "out of stock".
        It will be realy nice when dear is a option whit the collor yellow whit the tekst "pre order".

We hope it will be there in Ecwid soon. :D

• TRACITRACI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pre- ordering is so so needed on ecwid. I make handmade items and I am losing customers as the items are showing as out of stock. Yes I know you can hide the items that are not in stock, but then your shop front looks pants. Will you be implementing the pre-ordering? And if so when? I have people wanting to order Christmas items at the moment and it is so needed. I may have to start looking for another ecommerce. But I do like this one, and got my head around it finally so don't really want to change it at the moment. I am on the virt plan so paying money for this.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base