I suggest you ...

Pre-Ordering, Back-ordering, Email notice of a product in stock

Pre-Ordering of a product not yet in stock?
Back- ordering an out of stock item?
Queue orders and allow to release to process CC after in stock would be ideal.
Or
Email to customer once in stock? Odds of closing sale go down.
Or force by SKU to manual CC processing thereby not charging the customer until in stock?
I do not have the solution but think that pre-order without charging could be a tremendous marketing and operational tool.

There seems to be 3 or more other threads that embody the same idea. Can we consolidate to a single idea / request?

713 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John TondraJohn Tondra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GregGreg shared a merged idea: Allow back order capability  ·   · 
    Rachel StraightRachel Straight shared a merged idea: a place to enter special notes on a product or for the store as a whole i.e. "If item is backordered, you will be notified".  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a mechanism for pre-orders; I would like to sell products that are currently not in stock however should be in stock soon.  ·   · 
    Mike HarveyMike Harvey shared a merged idea: stock options  ·   · 
    yourTrinketBoxyourTrinketBox shared a merged idea: add a function that allows customers to back order out of stock items  ·   · 
    byboy01byboy01 shared a merged idea: On Order button  ·   · 
    webmaster.unicoprodottowebmaster.unicoprodotto shared a merged idea: pre-order button  ·   · 
    Warrior ProductsWarrior Products shared a merged idea: Add ability to enable/disable out of stock ordering (backordering) by product  ·   · 
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: add a pre-order button  ·   · 

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any movement on this idea? I think it's a make or break decision for me. I have an online ecwid store but I require these features to accept pre-orders. Over 700 votes!

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a customer to place an order for a product that is out of stock and have it back ordered.

Right now if the item is out of stock it cannot be ordered.

Maybe a message in the product panel that states the product is out of stock but can be back ordered and shipped as soon as it is available.

I know you can set the inventory level to unlimited but the customer would have no idea it was out of stock. You would have to contact the customer to inform them of this. This may upset the customer and cost you the entire order. If the customer knew ahead of time it would avoid any later problems.

• Rachel StraightRachel Straight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a place to enter special notes on a product or for the store as a whole i.e. "If item is backordered, you will be notified".

• AlexanderAlexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really important thing to let people order things that are out of stock. Some items never appear in stock! Some products could be available only upon request. So a customer comes in and has to call or email. Who would do that?? 0% conversion. And if a customer wants a few "out-of-order" items to be ordered for him specifically he would have to open multiple tabs... No way to make a list of things that a customer would want to buy in one place. WE NEED THIS!!! Tomorrow!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 666 votes on this subject. How many do you need to do something about it??

I agree with all of the comments concerning "fix this issue now". As a new Ecwid user for all of 2 months now, I ma considering switching to another provider in order to have this capability. In my business pre orders are a must!

OMG! This has been voting for 6 years! Unbelievable!

Ecwid really doesn't care about it's customers?

• Mike ShalapayMike Shalapay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do we need to vote for you to do this. People have been asking for it for over 6 years now.
        In the 6 years I am sure you would have done this, so there is no point on voting. I am finding Ecwid really doesn't care about it's customers or this would have been done a long time ago.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base